Claudia Dewane, D.Ed., LCSW, BCD
- Associate Professor, College of Health Professions and Social Work, Temple University*
- Doctorate, Adult Education & Health Psychology, Penn State University
- Masters in Social Work, Columbia University.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Board Certified Diplomate Clinical Social Work, American Board of Social Work Examiners
- Certificate in Advanced Clinical Supervision, Smith College School for Social Work
- Certificate, Teaching in Higher Education
- Consultant, Hospice
Dr. Dewane is founder of Clinical Support Associates, providing supervision, consultation and training to professional social workers. She has presented numerous workshops on clinical, supervisory, and ethical issues in social work. She worked for the Department of Veterans Affairs for several years in clinical, supervisory, and policy capacities. Her clinical work has been with PTSD and military sexual trauma. She is passionate about the nexus of social work and environmental justice.
Associate Professor, Temple University, School of Social Work, 2007-2017.
Instructor, Temple University, School of Social Administration, 1991 - 2007.
- Dewane, C. Solution-Focused Supervision: The Go-To Approach. Social Work Today/Dec. 2015.
- Dewane, C. (2013-09-02). Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. Encyclopedia of Social Work. Retrieved 13 Sep. 2013, from http://socialwork.oxfordre.com/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780199975839.001.0....
- Dewane, C. (2013). Green social work: From environmental crises to environmental justice. International Journal of Social Welfare, ISSN 1369-6866, 07/2013, Volume 22, Issue 3, pp. 328 - 329 doi:10.1111/ijsw.12035 http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com.libproxy.temple.edu/doi/10.1111/ijsw.1203...
- Considerations in group supervison. The New Social Worker, Fall 2013.http://www.socialworker.com/feature-articles/practice/considerations-in-group-supervision/
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy with Veterans with PTSD. Social Work Today Vol. 12 No. 3 P. 14 http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/051412p14.shtml
- Environmentalism and Social Work: The Ultimate Social Justice Issue. Social Work Today. Sept/Oct. 2011 http://www.socialworktoday.com/archive/092011p20.shtml
- The Legacy of Addiction: A Form of Complex PTSD? Social Work Today. Nov./Dec. 2010
- Respecting Boundaries: The don'ts of dual relationships. Social Work Today.2010.
- Emotional implications of hearing loss. Social Work Today. July/Aug. 2010
- Treating New Social Worker Anxiety Syndrome. The New Social Worker.Summer 2010.
- Dewane, C. (2006). Use of self: A primer revisited. Clinical Social Work Journal, 34(4). DOI: 10-1007/s10615-005-0021-5.http://www.springerlink.com/content/f0708hv707538631/fulltext.html
- Dewane, C. (2007). Ethical Issues in Supervision. Social Work Today, 7(4), 34.
- Dewane, C. (2008). Acceptance and commitment therapy. Social Work Today, 8(5), 36.
- Dewane, C. (2008). 10 Leadership Strategies for Women Social Service Managers. Social Work Today, 8(2), 38.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder in medical personnel in Vietnam. Hospital & Community Psychiatry. 1984. Vol. 35, #12.
- Humor in therapy. Social Work. 1978. Vol. 23, #6.